Education & Outreach
MSH believes that education and community outreach are the underpinnings of successful campaigns. Success begins when the community learns about a topic whether it be renewable energy, community power, or electric vehicle transition and the roles each play in successful climate action.
To help educate our regional community we hold presentations and workshops as well as welcome student internships from local universities and colleges to learn while working on our existing campaigns. Learn more about each of our initiatives below.
Monadnock Sustainability Roundtable
MSH hosts annual Roundtable events that feature sustainability initiatives and projects of local energy committees and municipalities, non profit and grass root organizations, and small businesses.
In November of 2021, MSH partnered with the Alliance for Youth Climate Leadership to host our second Monadnock Sustainability Roundtable. This virtual event featured five different sustainability projects: including Peterborough’s journey to 100% Renewable Energy and a local business’s efforts to make Keene’s food waste management more sustainable. Watch a recording of the Roundtable below:
Are you part of a Monadnock-based group or organization working on a local sustainability initiative? If so, we’d like to connect! We are also seeking new partners to help organize and host the next Roundtable. Contact us to inquire about being part of the 2022 Monadnock Sustainability Roundtable.
Climate Solutions Workshops
But how do we choose the most effective things we can do? Is there an easy way to know which actions for limiting greenhouse gases would have the most effect on future global temperatures?
The Climate Solutions Workshop organized by the Monadnock Sustainability Hub is designed to provide some of those answers. In an interactive format, participants select climate actions such as energy efficiency, carbon pricing, renewables, reducing deforestation, and carbon dioxide removal. Using the En-ROADS Climate Solutions Simulator tool, the effects of these actions on global temperature and other factors are explored first hand.
En-ROADS was developed by scientists from Climate Interactive, Ventana Systems, and MIT Sloan using a vast array of of climate and energy models. Try out the En-ROADS simulator here.
If you would like the MSHub to conduct an EN-ROADS workshop for your community or organization—or would like to be notified as workshops are held—please contact us to learn more.
Our Past Projects & Collaborations
Leading the Clean Energy Track at Radically Rural
Ask MSHub to Partner or Lead Presentations
MSHub Presents on Various Topics To Educate Our Region
Presentations MSHub Has Led
- En-Roads Climate Simulator – with three ambassadors MSHub has the expertise to deliver presentations to a diverse array of groups. To learn more Contact Us.
- State legislation targeting renewable energy and climate action
- Ready for 100% Renewable Energy Campaigns
- Intern related research to city or town selectmen and the general community
- Networking with like-minded groups to create connections
- Solarize Educational Campaign outreach kickoff, lunches and evening educational events
If you would like to learn more reach out to MSHub.
MSHub Holds Workshops to Educate our Region
MSHub Holds Workshops on Various Topics to Educate our Region
Want to Partner or have MSHub lead a Workshop?
- Legislative Session Climate Action Workshop for Monadnock Region state legislators in partnership with CCL.
- Leading En-Road Climate Simulator Workshops in the Region to address impact of climate solutions on our future.
- Participated in regional and statewide workshops raising awareness about the Monadnock Region.
Contact Us today to help plan an event. We want to partner with you!